Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Unique Gifts for under $10.00!




I always try to create things that are outside the box just so I can give a one-of-a-kind gift! The first gift is the pizza pan magnet board.

One of the easiest things to make is a magnet board made from a pizza pan. I used a round pizza pan found at the dollar store, a fun piece of scrapbook paper from Michaels which cost less than a dollar, and glitter ribbon also from Michaels for $2.99. It took me all of 15 minutes to transform this pizza pan to a fun and practical dorm item!

First, I placed the scrapbook paper inside the pan and press it down to form an imprint. I used the imprint to cut the square paper into a circle. After it was cut, I used tacky glue and glued the paper into the pan. 

Then, I used the glitter ribbon and carefully glued as I placed the ribbon around the edges. This step will be easier and faster if you have someone glue as you place the ribbon. 

While that's drying, I started to create the magnets! There are many fun and unique ways to create magnet but since my paper was so colorful I decided to go with a basic idea. I used an old scrabble letters and glued magnets on the back of the letters I chose. This is a really quick and easy way to make some personalized magnets!
Once the glue has dried i attached ribbon on the back with hot glue to hang it and that's it!


Next, I created the push pin canvas. This was an extremely easy project that looks great! I bought a canvas 2 pack from Wal-Mart for about $6.00 and a yard of fabric also from Wal-Mart. 
I bought plain gold push pins from the dollar store and that't it! 
I went home and printed out the letters I wanted to use so I had a template behind the push pins.

I started by stapling the fabric to the canvas and made sure I pulled it tight.
 I cut out the letter I printed out and started pinning it down the canvas. 
This is a great project and will create a wow factor in any room!

No comments:

Post a Comment