Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DIY Chevron Curtains

Chevron is the new in pattern and finding chevron curtains isn't that hard but can get pricey. I've decided to make my own chevron curtains. I already had a set of plain white curtains, but you could use any color. I then Googled chevron pattern and found a stencil that was the width I was looking for. They have so many different sizes its good to research what size you want. After that I started tracing my pattern on the curtain and covered the white area with painters tape.
I'm not a perfectionist by any means and I don't think chevron curtains need to be completely even because of the flowy fabric. 
After the entire curtain was taped, I used a sample sized gray paint which costed $4.00 and painted every other panel gray.

I waited for the paint to dry, removed the tape and here they are!

These fun curtains we're very easy to create. The entire project costed me about $10.00 and 1 hour of my time. Now I have chevron curtains and if I decide to change my design in my room I didn't waste a lot of money!


No comments:

Post a Comment